I have made a series of tea blends with Adagio. I was making a cake roll and I thought the Spilled Milk Tea I had made would go well with what I was doing, so I went along with that feeling and made this cake roll. Its based off this recipe.
- 4 Eggs, separated
- ¾ C Sugar
- 1 T My Spilled Milk Tea (finely ground)
- 2 t Vanilla
- 1 t Almond Extract
- ¾ C Cake Flour
- ¾ t Baking Powder
- ¼ t Salt
- ½ C Almond Butter
- ¼ C Cream Cheese
- ½ C Powdered Sugar
- 1 ½ C Heavy Cream
- 2 T Chocolate Syrup
- ⅓ C of Chopped Chocolate Caramels
- Heat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Mix together the egg whites until fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and tea in another bowl.
- In yet another separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, sugar, almond extract, and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients with egg-yolk mixture. After this has been combined mix in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into a 15 in x 10 in/ 38 cm x 25 cm inch pan that has wax-paper lining.
- Cook this in the oven for ten minutes.
- While it is cooking mix together all the ingredients (except the chocolate caramels) for the filling with an electric mixture until it looks ugly and stays that way one the electric mixer is done.
- When the cake is done, drop it onto a tea towel smeared with powdered sugar, roll the cake using the towel and let set for ten minutes.
- Once the time is up, spread the filling on the cake and dapple it with the chopped chocolate caramels. Roll it back up and enjoy.