Most people like bread, especially artisan breads. I based my recipe off this one and played around until I had something I thought Puppycat would eat. I used this bread for the sandwiches on my eighteenth birthday.
- 1 1/2 C of Lukewarm Water
- 2 t Instant Yeast
- 2 t Sea Salt
- 1 T Sage
- 2 t Dry Majoram
- 2 t Caraway
- 2 C Bread Flour
- 3/4 C Rye Flour
- 1/2 C Buckwheat Flour
- Shredded Oats
- 1 1/2 C Hot Water
- Mix together the yeast, lukewarm water and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the rest of ingredients with a whisk until fully combined.
- Mix together the yeast mixture and flour mixture until combined into a dough.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a wet cloth and put to sit in a warm place for 6 hours.
- Take a pizza stone and dust with the shredded oats. Break the dough in half and round the two halves into balls. Let them rest there for an hour.
- Turn oven to 450°F 15 minutes before the timer is up.
- Dust the tops with shredded oats and create an X on the top.
- Put the pizza stone in the oven and pour 1 C of hot water in a tray you placed underneath. Bake for 30 minutes until it sounds hollow.
- Let the bread cool and then enjoy.