This is my great aunt’s recipe that she makes from the plants she grows in her garden in Switzerland. It is super delicious and I love cooking with elderflower syrup! Since I can’t get elderflowers where I live right now, I made a honeysuckle syrup which was also very good!
- 15 Stemless Elderflowers or 30 Honeysuckle Flower Heads
- 6 1/3 C/15 dL Boiling Water
- 2 ib + 3.264 oz/1 kg Sugar
- 4 oz/113 g Citric Acid
- 1 Sliced Lemon
- Shake flowers to dislodge potential insects.
- Place in a jar with the lemon, hot water, sugar and citric acid.
- Let stand for two days and stir twice a day.
- Sieve until clear.
- Boil in a sauce pan and remove froth.
- Cool and serve in club soda or in whatever you like.