I really like corn and have been craving corn cakes lately. Last year I made these with my Grandmamam, but I wanted to try something new this time. I like mixing miso with corn so I decided to base the rest of what I did around that. I also really like chives so I made them the main flavor.
- 1 1/2 C Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1/3 C of Roughly Chopped Chives
- 2/3 C Flour
- ⅓ C Masa Harina
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 2 Dried Kashmiri Chilis
- 1 t Brown sugar
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 3 T Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 C Milk
- 1 T White Miso
- 2 T Butter
- Oil for Cooking
- Add the corn and chives to a food processor and turn it on. After they have been combined, add the flours, baking powder, chilis, and brown sugar. After this has all been combined in the food processor, set aside.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, and then add the miso and mix it together a litte.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, yogurt, milk, and miso-butter.
- Add the we ingredients to the food processor and combine.
- Cook like you would pancakes and then enjoy!