This pudding was made out of kitchen scraps. As I was making it my great aunt kept handing me things she wanted to be gone or had extra of. It was originally supposed to be something like this actually.
- Pie Crust
- 8 T Butter (plus extra to grease the glass pyrex dish and place on top)
- 3 Yellow Apples (peeled and sliced thin)
- Juice of ½ a Large Lemon
- 2 C Milk
- ½ C Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ½ C Lemon Cake Crumbs
- 1 t Nutmeg
- 1 t Cinnamon
- 1 C Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C
- Grease the pan you are using and put the pie crust on top.
- Heat the eight tablespoons of butter on a pan on the stove at a low heat until brown milk solids begin to form. Let cool.
- In a bowl, mix the milk, sugar, eggs, crumbs, nutmeg, cinnamon and raisins.
- Layer half the apples on top of the crust and paint half of the lemon juice over them.
- Pour the wet mixture over the apples.
- Layer the rest of the apples on top of this and paint with remaining lemon juice
- Place eight daubs of butter on top.
- Cook for about 35 minutes or until the cake is brown/can jiggle.