Yet another recipe from my great aunt. This recipe makes creating a tart over whatever fruit you have on hand an easy reality. In the featured picture, I used cherries and apricots.
Preheat Oven to 400°F or 200°C
- 200 g/7 oz Flour
- 80 g/2.8 oz Butter (Cut up into cubes)
- ½ t Salt
- 5-6 T Cold Water
- Mix together the flour and salt.
- Now mix in the butter with your hands and rub the butter into the mixture until its raggedy with no lumps.
- Add water and knead.
- Wrap in saran wrap and let sit in fridge for an hour
- 2-3 Eggs
- 5-4 T Sugar (or a sugary syrup)
- 1 1/2 C/350 ml of Milk/Cream/Similar
- Whisk together
Instructions for How to Make the Actual Tart
- Put crust in pie tin and poke holes and cover with flour. Cook this for 15 minutes
- Take out of oven and place the royal and your choice of fruit in the crust.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes